You will work on an application we’re building in NGO sector. It aims to connect NGOs and Corporate to build their CSR relations with the supervision of the govt. This platform will allow NGOs to focus on their root cause activities so that their work can have a larger impact. This digital product will free them from the extraneous efforts they put in getting funds from the corporate. You will be required to use your skills and expertise to build a robust platform that solves real problems for the intended users. Your work will be innovative so that you help the entire team achieve more than what each one alone can. We’re developing the pilot version in partnership with Haryana Government and it will be used by 100 NGOs initially.
Your will work with software developers and solutions designers to deliver analytics-driven solutions. To dive into the details you will:
- Translate client’s business requirements into a set of analytical models
- Perform data analysis (with a representative sample data slice) and build/prototype the model(s)
- Work with the client’s business users and/or data scientists to define and close on the model design
- Provide inputs to development team on input data required by the model, size, format, associations, cleansing required
- Identify/Provide approach and data to validate the model(s)
- Tune the model(s) to improve results provided over time
- Understand business challenges and goals of a client to formulate the approach for data analysis and model creation that will support their business decision making
- Do hands-on data analysis and model creation and proactively mentor other team members
- Have the opportunity to work in a number of different domains in a variety of different client environments
- Continually learn, mentor and develop your career
- Apply a lean learning approach to analytics that leads to building the right solution
Working during the day and reading by night. Must reads for this programme :
- Pragmatic Programmer, by Andy Hunt and Dave Thomas
- Passionate Programmer, by Chad Fowler
- Code Complete 2, by Steve McConnell
- The Goal, by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- Eat that Frog, by Brian Tracy
- The Lean Startup, by Eric Ries
What you need to start the Journey
- Have passion for understanding business problems and trying to address them by leveraging data
- Ability to select the appropriate analytical techniques based on the characteristics of a problem.
- Ability to design effective experiments in business and social environments.
- Understand how to harvest complex data from a variety of sources.
- Ability to communicate complex models and analysis in a clear and precise manner
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language – Python/Ruby
- Natural language processing experience is a plus